$125.00 per 55-minute session (private full fee)
Rates are also available on a sliding scale based on your ability to pay ($50.00 to $125.00)
I will be happy to bill your insurance company for you. I will charge you for your co-payment at the time services are rendered as long as we can establish that psychotherapy is a benefit on your insurance plan and that your plan will pay me directly. I can help you determine your insurance benefit before your first session if you would like.
I can bill any insurance company that offers a PPO plan and accepts a licensed psychotherapist with a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology in the state of California
I am on the following insurance HMO networks:
Blue Shield of California
United Behavioral Health
CCN (Henry Mayo Hospital)
I am also on some EAP panels
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Am I able to go to any provider or do I need to go to one in the insurance network? (in other words, clearify if you are in an HMO plan or a PPO plan)
- If you are in an HMO, ask if you can give them the name of the therapist you would like to see to make sure that she/he is on your provider network? Make sure you spell the name correctly. My name is spelled: Joyce GUENTHER and my license is a master's degree in psychology known as a LMFT (licensed marriage, family therapist)
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- If my deductible has not been met, how much of the provider's charge will apply to my deductibe?
- What is the amount of my copayment for each session?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Does it make a difference if I am going in with a parity diagnosis or a nonparity diagnosis?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session? ( In other words, what will you be paying my provider directly?)
- Is approval required from my health insurance company or a physician prior to making an appointment?
- Is there an approval code number that I should give the therapist at the intitial appointment?
Reduced fee services are available. I am willing to adjust my fees based on your ability to pay for each session if your insurance will not assist you or if your copayment is still out of your budget. Please feel free to discuss a payment arrangement that allows you to continue your counseling sessions on a weekly basis. Therapy is an opportunity to reduce your stress. If the fee is creating more stress, our work will be compromised. My goal is to offer therapy to a wide range of people for as long as necessary so your time and effort will make a difference in handling the challenges you are faced with. I assess all fees on an individual basis. My fees slide from $50.00 per session to $125.00.
Cash or personal checks only
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified me at least 48 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.